Thursday, November 19, 2009

Colorado - Go Buffs!

So this summer I was able to travel to Boulder, CO to visit a really good friend of mine from high school. We have been friends since I was a sophomore and he was a senior in high school and have always been very close. I was not having the best time at home, had some personal issues gonig on so my mom decided that I needed a little vacation. My mom surprised me with buying me a roundtrip plane ticket to stay a week in Colorado.
This whole plan happened really quickly. The tickets were purchased within the same week that I left for CO which made it a big adventure for me. It was also quite an adventure because I had never travled by myself, not on an airplane, across country at least. My flight was really early. I had to get up at 3:00 a.m. in order to drive 2 hours to the airport and check bags and such. I believe I flew out of Minneapolis around 7:00 a.m., and arriving in Denver at 8:00 a.m. The actual plane ride was two hours, but because of the time difference, it seemed as if I had hardly traveled.
The Denver Airport is absolutely huge but it is very pretty. I had to take a tran from my gate, to the station where people got picked up. As soon as I got out of the elevator, I saw Ben there waiting for me and I could not wait to go see everything! After greeting each other, we drove directly from Denver to Boulder, where he has a house and attends the University of Colorado at Boulder. Colorado is pretty, but first impressions were pretty blah. Even though the drive in was quite boring, the rest of the trip was pretty exciting.
Throughout the week, we ate at many different places that I have never even heard of. one of my favorite places was named Half Fast Subs, it was delicious! That was definitely a big part of the trip, eating. Besides eating, I was able to get a tour of his school, go shopping, hiking, and got to meet most of his friends. It was a very good time and we are hoping to plan another time for me to come out and visit.
Overall, I love traveling and will usually take any chance to explore another area, especially if they are drastic changes or scenery and beautiful places. Other places I have visited include Florida, Texas, New Mexico, New York, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and the Bahamas. I enjoyed all of these trips and hope to take many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment