Monday, November 23, 2009

A itty bitty break! :)

So it's nothing like Christmas break but I am still extremely pumped! Thanksgiving is definitely one of the best holidays if you are looking for great food. Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn, buns, pumpkin pie and lots more. Personally I am a huge fan of the stuffing and mashed potatoes with gravy myself and cannot wait for Thursday. The only bad thing about Thanksgiving day is after the meal when you regret eating as much as you did. But really how many times a year do you get to over indulge in such great and homemade food? Not many, particularly if you are a college student.
Every year for Thanksgiving, my immediate and extended family goes over to my Grandma's house for the Thanksgiving meal. We normally eat around one or two in the afternoon which is different from some people, because many people have two families to visit on that day. Although I only have one Thanksgiving to attend, my cousins get to attend two in one day, pretty lucky. When I was younger, I used to go to their other Thanksgiving with them as well, but as I have gotten older I decided to spend the whole day with my family. That's what holidays are for in my opinion.
This is definitely a needed break for me. School has had me so stressed out lately. Between papers and speeches, quizzes and exams, it's just getting to be a little overwhelming. This weekend I went home but most of the time was spent on homework instead of spending lots of time with my family! At least I'm done with classes on Wednesday at noon-ish so I can get out of here and go see my friends and family from back home. Like I said before, it's not a huge break, but it's keeping me going through these last few days. It is going to be hard to come back after this break, but then I just gotta keep trudging along until CHRISTMAS!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment