Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Coming to La Crosse was not that difficult of an adjustment for me although it is greatly bigger than my hometown of Rice Lake, WI. Rice Lake has a population of about eight thousand, which is obviously much lower than the population of La Crosse. Although La Crosse is a cool town, Rice Lake is still and will always be my home.

All throughout high school, I always complained about how bored I was and how bad I wanted to get out of the town. I always was mad because my friends and I could never find anything to do or had to travel to other cities that were far away to solve the problem. The basic activities in Rice Lake are limited to going to the movies, bowling, hanging at someone’s house, or bumming around town. These activities can be fun for a while, but after so many times or repeating these activities it gets awfully boring.

Now that I have been away from home for a while and am not with my family or friends, I really realize that I shouldn’t have been complaining so much. I am always so excited when I am able to go home now, which I never thought would happen. I thought that I was going to move away and have so much fun, never be bored, but that was simply not the case. I am not saying that I have had no fun while I have been out on my own but I now realize just how much fun I truly had when my friends and I simply hung out at each others houses.

Overall, I finally realized that your home will always be your home and that it really is not as bad as you think it is. Looking back now, I do not really understand why I thought it was sooo rough and sooo boring. Being out on your own is sure an adventure and can have its benefits but that feeling at being home is just so wonderful after being away for a while. I will never underestimate my love for Rice Lake or my childhood house again, I absolutely love it and always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment