Friday, October 23, 2009

I want the sun back!

Today I drove home from La Crosse to my hometown of Rice Lake, Wisconsin. Rice Lake is about two and a half hours north of La Crosse and is much smaller. Although my hometown is a great place, that is not what I am going to talk about I this blog entry. The entire drive home, all I saw was rain and snow. I am very sick of such awful weather. It rains almost everyday and I know its just going to be worse when the snow returns.

Its not that I hate winter, I just prefer warmer weather. I would much rather be in the sunny, hot weather than the cold and sleet that we are currently experiencing. I like winter right after a fresh snowfall. I like seeing and being out in the bright white snow, but that is not what I have seen yet so far.

The amount of snow we have had so far has also been a bummer for me. Like I said, the bright white snow is alright, but the sleety stuff is not ok. I like walking with the snowflakes falling down on me, but when they are slush and are melted, I do not like it at all. I especially do not like the snow or rain when it soaks through my shoes, specifically my moccasins that I love to wear.

Overall, I hope that this winter is either rather dry, or that it is very short. I just want the warm weather and the sun back!

No comments:

Post a Comment