Thursday, October 15, 2009

Warnings upon Warnings

So first of all I will start out by saying that I believe myself to be a pretty good driver. I have never gotten any speeding tickets which is great because my parents would kill me, seeing that they still pay my insurance. So even though I haven't been written any tickets, I have received a couple of warning. But when I say a couple, I actually mean five! I swear I am really not that bad of a driver, I do things that almost everyone else does, but I somehow am always the one to get caught doing it. Here are my stories...
My first warning I ever got was really upsetting. First of all, it was the first day that I was able to drive to school by myself so I took a little extra time getting ready in the morning since I wouldn't have to go early with my brother. When I was finally done getting ready I realized that i would need to rush, so I ran downstairs to grab my keys. All of a sudden I had no clue where my keys were so I ran around the house searching frantically. I shouldn't have been so crazed, I mean how much trouble can you really get in for being late to high school one time, but I am a nut case who always has to follow the rules. Anyways, I finally found my keys and sped out of the drive way. As i came to the first stop sign I made a very quick stop, apparently a "running stop." So of course I got pulled over. I couldn't believe it, on my first day of driving to school ever? Really? So that was my first warning.
My second warning occurred after school one day on my way to dance practice. Wisconsin Ave is the main street in front of my high school and of course you are only supposed to drive fifteen miles an hour. I thought that I had gotten out of the school zone but apparently not because all of a sudden I saw the red and blue flashing lights. I was then given a warning for speeding because I was driving twenty five miles per hour in apparently still a fifteen. That one was pretty embarrassing cause almost everyone who drives to school drives on that road and I'm sure they allll saw me!
The third warning I got was actually not my fault, well not fully anyways. I was riding with a friend one night on the back of his moped and got pulled over. Apparently you cannot ride two people on a moped which we honestly did not know. So that night was pretty lame because the cop left the lights on for like twenty minutes while we just stood there on a sidewalk, waiting for a lame ticket, from a scooter!
And finally my last warnings. I actually was given my fourth and fifth warnings in the same stop. My roommate and myself were driving back to La Crosse from our home town on a Sunday night. The driver ahead of me was driving the actual speed limit of fifty five but it is sooo hard for me to keep at that speed, I always want to go at least three to four over which I don't even think is that bad. I was in the passing lane so I decided to pass the car. As I approached the car I saw the cop car just sitting there, waiting for someone to mess up. Of course the red and blue lights started flashing so I finished passing the car and pulled over. Once the cop pulled over and came up to my window he started asking me all the normal questions. He told me that I was speeding and that I did not finish passing the car in the no passing zone. Being that I always feel the need to defend myself, I sort of argued with the cop, bad idea I know but luckily it didn't really hurt me. He admitted that he was sitting right where the zone changed from passing to no passing so I guess he had to be right there. He ended up giving me two warnings, one for speeding, and one for not finishing a pass in the passing zone.
Overall, I just need to start following the laws of the road. Seeing that I have already been given FIVE warnings, I think the next one would for sure be a ticket. I do not know how I have been so lucky so far because I think the number of warnings I have been given is ridiculous. Especially since in the last situation I was given two at one time! I would think that if someone did something wrong that they would for sure be given at least one ticket but I am definitely thankful that I did not! Hopefully no more warnings are in my future!

1 comment:

  1. This has quite a bit to do with where you are. In most cities they give you no warnings at all.

    You have an interesting blog.

    ReplyDelete